West Chester Trustee
Best Places to Live in America for the 7th time AND Best Place to Live in Ohio 2019!
Once again in September 2018 West Chester Township has been named one of the “Best Places to Live in America” in 2018 by Money Magazine!
West Chester Township most recently received the honor in 2014, 2016 and 2017 when the magazine analyzed and reviewed townships, villages, towns and cities across America that had populations between between 50,000 to 150,000.
“To create MONEY’s Best Places to Live ranking, we looked only at places with populations between 10,000 and 100,000 (in 2017). We eliminated any place that had more than double the national crime risk, less than 85 percent of its state’s median household income, or a lack of ethnic diversity. This gave us 2,400 places. We then collected about 170,000 different data points to narrow the list,” their website said.
More Great Economic News for West Chester!
- As of 1/1/2019, West Chester Township has almost a $2.7 billion assessed real estate value. This is great for both Lakota Schools and West Chester because of the property taxes collected.
- West Chester Township has the SECOND highest Assessed Property Value in the Tri-State behind Cincinnati!
- West Chester Township is the SECOND highest Job Creator in the Tri-State behind Cincinnati!
- According to a September 2017 Cincinnati.com article, West Chester Township has hottest real estate market in Cincinnati! That means it’s a ‘seller’s market’ and higher property values!
- West Chester Township has the highest bond rating (Aaa) by Moody’s Investment Services of any community in Ohio.
- West Chester Township has more than 3600 businesses that call West Chester home!
- West Chester Township has an unemployment rate of just 1.7%! Butler County’s rate is 4.4% while the Ohio rate is 5.1% and the National rate is 4.5%.
- Seven Times Money Magazine has called West Chester “Best Places to Live” in America! West Chester most recently, also received the honor in 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- Championed TOTAL Transparency of township revenues, spending and service performance and after three years of research and analysis purchased OpenGo v Smart Government Platform and OpenGov
- Open Data that provides both quantitative AND qualitative information! Launching October 2017.
- Championed the purchase of Body Worn Cameras for our Police Department and after four years of research and investigation purchased the Axon Enterprises solution (with 5 year maintenance contract) for $151,999.05 at our September 26, 2017 meeting.
- Higher Functioning Zoning that’s Business Friendly!
- Streets of West Chester Revitalized – Civic Centre Blvd extension opened earlier this year costing $5 million and connecting to Allen Rd. Streets of West Chester is emerging as West Chester’s Entertainment District. Partnered with BCEO under Greg Wilkens leadership to
- Nearly 1,500 acres (1,469) of new shopping, dining and entertainment amenities have been developed (or are under construction) in West Chester since 2013.
- West Chester Springs Urbanesque Apt Complex $7M more.
- Pushed back on the Becket Kroger Marketplace developer to protect the residents north of Tylersville Rd in Providence Manor by demanding the green space buffering be installed in Phase I, not Phase II.
My objectives are:
- Continue conservative fiscal practices.
- Drive business and economic development for all of West Chester’s business centers.
- Shine an honest light on all Township spending.
- Avoid tax levies for Police and Fire
- Strengthen schools with increased business development.