TESTED >> PROVEN >> READY
YOUR CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE!
Mark Welch has Experience!
Mark Welch has a Results Oriented Record (see below)!
Mark Welch makes Promises and Keeps them (see below)!
As a Trustee in West Chester Township, Mark’s conservative, no-nonsense leadership helped secure West Chester’s ‘Best Places to Live in America’ in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018 AND Best Place to Live in Ohio 2019!
“When you achieve an honor like ‘Best Places to Live in America’ once, it may be an accident. When you get multiple times, we’re doing something “on purpose with intention”!
My Accomplishments as a West Chester Trustee!
- Promised to make ZONING IN West Chester MORE BUSINESS FRIENDLY, ESPECIALLY TO SMALL BUSINESSES – DONE – Appointed Business Friendly, Win:Win minded individuals to the Zoning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals!
- Promised TO STOP ANONYMOUS ZONING COMPLAINTS, BECAUSE WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO FACE OUR ACCUSERS – DONE!
- Promised GREATER TRANSPARENCY IN WC FINANCES – DONE – Championed TOTAL Transparency of township revenues, spending and service performance and after three years of research and analysis purchased OpenGov Smart Government Platform and OpenGov Open Data that provides both quantitative AND qualitative information! Launching October 2017.
- Promised GREATER POLICE ACCOUNTABILITY – DONE – Championed the purchase of Body Worn Cameras for our Police Department and after four years of research and investigation purchased the Axon Enterprises solution (with 5 year maintenance contract) for $151,999.05 at our September 26, 2017 meeting.
- Higher Functioning Zoning that’s Business Friendly!
- Streets of West Chester Revitalized – Civic Centre Blvd extension opened earlier this year costing $5 million and connecting to Allen Rd. Streets of West Chester is emerging as West Chester’s Entertainment District.
- Partnered with BCEO Engineer, Greg Wilkens to design and construct the Union Centre Blvd I-75 Interchange with the improved Divergent Diamond Interchanged to more safely, move more traffic on and off I-75.
- Nearly 1,500 acres (1,469) of new shopping, dining and entertainment amenities have been developed (or are under construction) in West Chester since 2014.
- Negotiated with Continental Properties, Menomonee Falls, WI to re-imagine their proposed garden-style apartment project in the West Chester Central Business District, to a development that was new, upscale and ‘urbanesque’. Continental totally redesigned the apartment offering, spending more than $7M on the project design and construction.
- Pushed back on the Becket Kroger Marketplace developer to protect the residents north of Tylersville Rd in Providence Manor by demanding the green space buffering be installed in Phase I, not Phase II.
My objectives are:
- Business and Job Creation
- Support Pro-Life and Socially Conservative Platforms
- Support Second Amendment Rights, Owning and Carrying Firearms
- Give Local Control of Education, Schools and Curriculum
- Strengthen schools with increased business development.
- Lower Taxes
- Shine an honest light on Ohio spending.